View Single Post
Old 2015.12.27, 11:17 PM   #43
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by K__ View Post
My idea, woo. I was hoping people would recognise it and go "hey they play Shiina Ringo on this show, maybe this station has more than just animu junk". Who knows if it's worked.
It definitely adds a certain amount of class. But more than that, somehow that particular bit from Honnou just really worked there.

Honestly, I can't deal with Ringo's French. Maybe it's because of Papaya Mango.
Yeah, even I can hear that her French sucks ("soleiL"), and I don't actually know any French. But still, that deep, rich voice just gives me a chill every time.

There's a lot of stuff I wanted to include and I've played other Ringo/Jihen (ZCS Yattsuke Shigoto and Kenka Joutou off the top of my head) on the show, and I'll be playing more of her in future, but I wanted to try and strike a balance on Ringo's different styles (which is why I picked an electronic track off Sanmon, cause I already had some jazzy Ringo on the cards). As you can see I ended up basically dedicating the whole hour and a half to her, with the only mostly-unrelated track being the Zazen Boys joint she sings backing vocals on. Pretty pleased with the end result though, it's a pretty good episode of a show I'm very proud of.
Thank you for giving her the whole 90 minutes; she truly deserves it. The thing about Ringo is that you just can't reduce the entirety of her to a handful of songs. You're always going to be leaving something out. There's really no "right" answer as to what songs you should play in that kind of format.