View Single Post
Old 2009.06.22, 08:31 AM   #78
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by HEDOfloe View Post
i didn't mean KZK, i love that and i think i agree for the most part. im just known to always say that variety says nothing about ringo losing talents since she didn't write any music for it. hence, why it drives me mad to see it still come up.
Fair enough but it still was her decision to leave it to purely instrumentally talented people with unimpressive songwriting ability and her decision to get involved with such people, presumably anyway.

Also I sometimes think of "Ringo" as a collective that is centered around a girl rather than just that particular girl (I mean I think it's fair given that isn't even her real name). There are so many collaborations going on in Ringo's music and it's hard to tell exactly what the person at the center is responsible for. It's hard to only talk about Shiina Ringo's musical career as if she's responsible for everything, look at how much Kameda has played a part over the years and look how the different phases shape the music of Tokyo Jihen. To me Tokyo Jihen is just another name for the Shiina Ringo collective.

Like with Gorillaz, you know Jamie Hewlitt and Damon Alburn are at the center but you have no idea how much they were influenced by the others they worked with and you don't even always know exactly whose involved.

I'm expressing frustration towards the collective and not just one woman because I don't really care much about that woman without her collective until I know she's acting 100% on her own with no help from anyone.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote