View Single Post
Old 2011.06.29, 12:19 AM   #54
ShadyNook

ShadyNook raises the standards of what a community can offer

Daihakken almost holds itself together well with enough variety without becoming another Variety. Not much Ringo compositions which is a shock.

I've been enjoying alot of material made by the guys. Should I even be considered a Shiina Ringo fan at this point? Variety era had its moments, but with this album and Sports I'm genuinely a Tokyo Jihen fan now. Still not SR caliber, but she seems to be semi-retired as composer.

01 天国へようこそ For The Disc - I really liked Tengoku ever since I first heard it. slow or fast, its all good. This pop version is easier to digest than the Tube version, which I prefer more than this Disc version.

02 絶対値対相対値 - it rocks and doesnt sound faked as if a pop band were trying to rock.

03 新しい文明開化 - This is the new "killer tune." Expect alot of youtube guitar covers of this one.

04 電気のない都市 -This is as good as "tegami" Izawa's strength the slow rock ballads. Very good!

05 海底に巣くう男 - red, white, and blue goo oozing out of this one. its a fun track. Ukigumo's brand of "Sakana"

06 禁じられた遊び - This one is awesome! Edgy euro style. The verse is Carmen's "Bizet" and the chorus reminds me of Malice Mizer "au revoir" Thats a winning combo for me.

07 ドーパミント! BPM103 - Ran this one through the Adult filter and it sounds fresh, but my impression of the song didnt change. Not one of my favorites.

08 恐るべき大人達 - Woooo! Kameda composed this sexy thing? Really? This is another one of my favorites. A great collab between the old friends. Need more like this.

09 21世紀宇宙の子 - Commercial friendly pop.Take any 90's family sitcom intro montage and play this song as the theme song. It fits. Catchy melody, not really unique though I like the riff.

10 かつては男と女 - My mind blanked out on this. Its chill. TOO chill.

11 空が鳴っている - Single-worthy moderate rock. good song. not a favorite

12 風に肖って行け - order builds up into chaos. repeats. Disorienting and with a very odd song structure. Not a song to be used to sell breath mints. I'm not sure if its Izawa or Ukigumo who's channeling into Johnny Greenwoods brain here, but good job with the guitar solo!

13 女の子は誰でも - seems like that should be put in the middle of the track list as an intermission to the darker stuff. or hide it as a bonus track maybe?

Last edited by ShadyNook : 2011.06.29 at 12:25 AM.
ShadyNook is offline   Reply With Quote