View Single Post
Old 2007.04.14, 08:52 PM   #10
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Yeah, I thought about just organizing the files myself but I'm really lazy and I like the way iTunes organizes it, so I was hoping there was a solution. But if I don't find one, I'm going to do that.

Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats View Post
When you right-click on a song, there is an "Album Artist" entry among the many other options. You can enter Shiina Ringo here and I think that it will file the album as one entity, with Shiina Ringo as the artist. I just checked this myself, and it looks as though (even when I uncheck "Compilation") the album is organized on my hard drive under "Shiina Ringo", so I'm pretty sure it works. Hopefully that made sense...
Okay, here is what I did for the Konoyo no Kagiri single: For track #1, I put 'Shiina Ringo x Saito Neko + Shiina Junpei' under Artist, and 'Shiina Ringo' under Album Artist and Sort Artist. For tracks #2 and #3, I put 'Shiina Ringo' under Artist, and kept everything else the same. I also put the whole single under Collaboration. This is the best result I got on my iPod because the whole single came out correctly in the Compilation albums. But under the artist 'Shiina Ringo,' only tracks #2 and #3 showed up. @_@

So now, I left everything the same except I didn't put the single under collaboration. (I'd rather have the whole single come out correctly under 'Shiina Ringo' than in the Compilation albums. And I also just realized that Konoyo no Kagiri isn't really a compilation, right? o_o Isn't a compilation album where different artists are featured in an album under a theme, like OSTs? :confused But anyway, that just messed everything up. T_T Now under Artists in my iPod, it's listed like this:
東京事変
椎名林檎
椎名林檎×斎藤ネコ+椎名純平
椎名林檎
椎名林檎×斎藤ネコ
椎名林檎
矢野真紀

Did that make any sense? T_T