View Single Post
Old 2016.01.27, 09:45 AM   #1685
zeroryouko
Ringophile

zeroryouko raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I hope she does...

But... Reality.

Unfortunately, Japan does not seem to have caught on with equal rights as much as people like to admit. You only need to look at the Enon/Becky situation to see it staring you right in the face. It's really sad in this day and age.
Oh, I know they haven't. Knowing that makes what Ringo *has* accomplished just that much more impressive.

(In fairness, much of the US has the same problem - not trying to point fingers here.)

However... I do hope she makes the Olympics her bitch. Something makes me doubt it though.
I can't imagine she'd want to be involved if she wasn't going to at least try to make her presence felt. I guess we'll see if she succeeds or not.

Her first hurdle is staying relevant till 2020. How many more jingles does that mean? Heaven forbid she do something with integrity else sales decline.

If she does end up performing at the Olympics, I seriously hope she doesn't fucking lip sync or just cheap out and do NIPPON again...
This latest move makes me think she's not looking to perform at the ceremony in 2020 - she's looking to write/direct/produce it. If that is her aim, something with a little more cultural significance might be a better option than writing more commercials.