View Single Post
Old 2007.08.23, 06:24 PM   #25
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by midnightispure
.how you can honestly say you know that this 1998-2000 rock persona is the "true" her with a straight face is beyond me
When in fact my main shake of faith is the thought that this "persona"wasn't true. Its like someone gives you medical advice, and you find out they weren't really a doctor at all. You'd be irate, no? If you found your doctor working at a shoe shop one day.

You know, I don't consider myself a particularly "tough" critic. I can watch a bad-mediocre movie and be largely positive about it (not always the case, but bare with.) Perhaps I'm a bit more scrupulous with music. It does take a bit much for me to really get behind a whole band. But my "requirements" aren't too tough: have good songs and don't be full of shit -- and the last one can be fenagelled a bit. Not every song on MM is "perfect" but the songs are still great.

Now to say that Uki's guitar is nit-picky is really reaching. If that's the case, the entire forum was nit-picky at a point =P

Has anyone watched School of Rock, with Jack Black? The way he talks about music and rock is pretty much exactly what I believe. The writer mighta called me up, asked me about music, then educed amnesia in me, because its the truth. His character is a loser, no one takes him seriously, he's not a guy that people take very seriously. But what happens in the end? He doesn't win, but he makes somethin' happen. And that's what it's all about. (Its a good movie too, and don't even argue that. =P)