Thread: Underrated!
View Single Post
Old 2012.10.23, 01:00 AM   #22
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by Carlx View Post
I still fail to see Blackout as a ripoff of some sort, let alone that I barely find similarities between this song and Sounan.
I really like this song, specially the classy EXPO performance. I don't know of any other artist that can introduce salsa elements with such... elegance, and Blackout is the perfect example, it makes a nice contrast with the rigid drums of the verses and especially in that liberating ending: the wish for reaching it is so strong that the whole song feels like a postponement of that tonic instant.

Changing the subject, yes, I don't always watch Spa & Treatment, but when I do, Ringo's sexiness there (looks, attitude, singing, whatever) is surely one of the reasons why many of those performances are worth watching.
Sometimes when I try to hum Sounan, it turns to Blackout. The Adult version sounds like Sounan on automatic. This doesn’t serve as the basis for any technical, objective comparison, but I do sympathise with the accusations at least. They can’t be too far off, can they?

In terms of sexiness, I will say that Tsukigime-hime’s live performance struck me because it was the first time I had seen Ringo being ’sexy’ and effeminate in the way that’s typically expected from female pop stars. I think it works in service of the song rather to titillate. If I were straight, I’d definitely think it was hot -- but mostly as an aside, a note to self rather than come here and sound like I jack off every time I hear or see Ringo. It’s a bit crude.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote