View Single Post
Old 2010.06.28, 05:20 PM   #51
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I'm sooooo looking forward to Germany vs Argentina. It's dejavu 2006... everyone wanted Germany to win but Argentina scored the first goal and the whole stadium became silent for a bit...

Also. I think FIFA should stick to not using video technology, because bad referee calls = fights = DRAMA; and who doesn't like a bit of scandal at the World Cup? That Argentinian offside goal was particularly interesting because the main referee saw that replay on the large screen and blatantly stuck to his assistant's decision. Using video technology would just suck the fun out of it; it would make the game clinical, staid, and just plain boring.

I'm not expecting anyone to agree with me on this.

P.S. Diving is an integral part of football culture. It's dirty but it can get the players what they want... sometimes.