Thread: PE'Z
View Single Post
Old 2014.12.05, 11:51 AM   #27
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

^
Worse things have happened, like Kurahashi Yoeko retiring after only 8 years in the music industry, when it's not as if she were one of those idols where the performer's age matters very much.

This just frees up HZM to spend more time on other projects. I'm not exactly disappointed by what PE'Z has done in recent years, but their earliest material was more interesting. A lot of my favorite Japanese artists start off with their own unique sound (or they get there after a few albums), but eventually mellow out and compromise their style to be more mainstream or (in most cases) more old school. PE'Z was definitely veering in that direction, even though they still have their occasional moments which remain true to their roots.

I didn't care for pe'zmoku at all, and I'm glad that didn't last long.

I'm sure a few of the members will still work together in some capacity, like with Shiina Ringo's solo-career. What would be really cool, is if she could actually tour with several of members of PE'Z at once, instead of just booking them for studio sessions or NHK Songs. Shiina Ringo needs to change things up a little, and do a tour without anyone (including members of SAPS) who participated in HF.