View Single Post
Old 2008.03.02, 10:44 AM   #59
zoso

zoso pleased at least somebody

hello, i'm new in this forum, and also a recent fan (from a year i think), but i love tj and i think they are the pinnacle of music right now!!!

well, im a pianist, and i think that hzm has a really virtuosism, and of course, in live perfonmances, he shows a very carismatic image with a lot of funny moves and shows his dinamical way of playing that there's no doubt about his skills are from a virtuous player, maybe because his school is classical
but i'd rather isawa, in live versions he can play anything that hzm used to play when he was in tj, so (at least in tj both mirrows the same musical level (even when isn't that way)), isawa fits so far better because he has a jazz school, so he cath the escence of tj; and i in the song you can note that isawa has a more trained hearb because when he improvises he uses modals, scales and all that jazz school had left in him, and sometimes i can apreciate that he doesn't uses that, he just let his feelin' to play, so he play just by hear, and that's something that i couldn't listen in hzm, hzm probably can make solos faster and with more difficult techniques but isawa's solos listen much better because he can involve and feel more the music, and none school can give you that!!!
maybe with time isawa can become a better pianist, i don't know how much time he has been playin' piano (contrasted with hzm who play since he was 4 years old)
isawa fits so cool in tj and i'm happy that je joined the band!!!
variety album is so different (and also my favorite one) that any other before and i'm so happy that shénna let the other members of the band make the music, i think is their darkest album cause the chords and tones are so shady in some songs (i love the minor and dimishished concepts that they use a lot), ok, to finish i also think that isawa is a better songwritter than hzm