View Single Post
Old 2007.04.04, 01:54 PM   #20
ssasami

ssasami pleased at least somebody

I used to watch Hey Hey Hey Music Champ on The International Channel with a friend of mine who was into J-pop. I wasn't much into it at the time, but I enjoyed all the crazy quirky japanese songs that were on there. Plus all the girls were so cute. He was mostly into j-pop and j-urban music. I enjoyed some of that stuff, and eventually started downloading from bunko.theppn.org. One episode had GO!GO!7188 on it. They played there song C7 and I thought it was the greatest thing I've ever seen, so I started dling their music. I started poking around the J-Rock forums at jpopmusic for more info on them and to look for anything else interesting. After I had bought everything GO!GO! had to offer, I needed more j-girl rock.

In looking at the jpopmusic forums I noticed that there were a fair amount of posts on the Shiina Ringo thread, so I decided to check her out. Like Migoto, I quickly compared her to Alanis and gave up on her. It wasn't until Tokyo Jihen started that I gave her another chance.

I dled the PV for Gunjou Biyori. I thought it seemed decent. Then Sounan came out. I got that and thought it was awesome, but the B-side, Kokoro, is what really hooked me. I love that song. After that I got the album.

After I listened to Kyouiku a million times, I needed more, so I started giving solo SR a chance again. I wish I knew what songs I had originally dismissed as Alanis wannabe crap, because I can't even imagine thinking that after giving Ringo a fair chance.

So now I am still Die-hard GO!GO!7188, but Tokyo Jihen and Ringo are right there with them.
ssasami is offline   Reply With Quote