View Single Post
Old 2015.08.24, 02:23 PM   #25
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Ooh yeah, just like that.
You sayin' you want a piece o' me? You got it!

It's totally cool if you enjoy all the technical guitar work being crapped on. Go ahead and compare the chorus of Izonshou to the SS version let alone the ending solo. The solo in Kyogenshou? The chorus that doesn't repeat on the album? The guitar break in GX Aozora? Riveting stuff. All the intricate synth and electronics from SS? Gone. I'd take the album versions of almost any MM/SS song over the GX version.

If you want to say you like it for other reasons, go ahead. I mean, I respect this:

Originally Posted by Nimh View Post
Okay, fine. As pure music, GE doesn't rank well.
and the rest of that post more than whatever bullshit you're trying to imply with this:

Now, say something about SS being overproduced compared to MM.
An impossibility when the opposite is more true. Still, wouldn't it have been nice if I had mentioned something in the same vein in that very post you quoted...

Originally Posted by Maou View Post
It's very hard to separate MM and SS since the majority of the songs were written at the same time. You can take almost any song on one album and put it on the other without blinking.
Oh. I guess I meant to say if the production wasn't so different, right? And in case you're wondering, it's Yami ni Furu Ame and Tsumi to Batsu that I feel wouldn't fit on MM as well as the rest of the songs.

*shrugs* Whatever. If you think I'm being nitpicky and hyperbolic, you don't need to try to be so cute with it.