Thread: Underrated!
View Single Post
Old 2012.10.22, 09:55 PM   #21
Carlx

Carlx raises the standards of what a community can offer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
Blackout: I accept Blackout as an alternate take on Sounan and not a ripoff. It's the live versions, you see -- the problem with the Adult version is that it stole Sounan's ambivalence. But when she performs it in JCHI and EXPO you feel that it IS a black out and that terrible things will get you.
I still fail to see Blackout as a ripoff of some sort, let alone that I barely find similarities between this song and Sounan.
I really like this song, specially the classy EXPO performance. I don't know of any other artist that can introduce salsa elements with such... elegance, and Blackout is the perfect example, it makes a nice contrast with the rigid drums of the verses and especially in that liberating ending: the wish for reaching it is so strong that the whole song feels like a postponement of that tonic instant.

Changing the subject, yes, I don't always watch Spa & Treatment, but when I do, Ringo's sexiness there (looks, attitude, singing, whatever) is surely one of the reasons why many of those performances are worth watching.
Carlx is offline   Reply With Quote