View Single Post
Old 2015.12.27, 07:29 PM   #42
K__

K__ has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Phoenixmgs View Post
Cool, nice to see Yer Blues make it, it's my favorite cover of hers.
Yup, that was your suggestion too, would have passed me by otherwise. It only makes sense to throw in that UK link.

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
Nice use of Honnou for the promotional bit, BTW.
My idea, woo. I was hoping people would recognise it and go "hey they play Shiina Ringo on this show, maybe this station has more than just animu junk". Who knows if it's worked.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
You had one job K___

And you forgot Gamble.

:-p
why would I play her best song when I can play two tracks from SUNNY?

I thought about going with Gamble but I didn't want three songs from the Sakuran soundtrack. And I really really like the HF version of Poltergeist.

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
And Kareha/Autumn Leaves. But let's not quibble, it was an awesome show!
Honestly, I can't deal with Ringo's French. Maybe it's because of Papaya Mango. Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

There's a lot of stuff I wanted to include and I've played other Ringo/Jihen (ZCS Yattsuke Shigoto and Kenka Joutou off the top of my head) on the show, and I'll be playing more of her in future, but I wanted to try and strike a balance on Ringo's different styles (which is why I picked an electronic track off Sanmon, cause I already had some jazzy Ringo on the cards). As you can see I ended up basically dedicating the whole hour and a half to her, with the only mostly-unrelated track being the Zazen Boys joint she sings backing vocals on. Pretty pleased with the end result though, it's a pretty good episode of a show I'm very proud of.

Next episode airs on New Years Day if you find yourself without anything else to do at whatever ungodly hour it is in your respective timezones. Also if any of you've got any requests or recommendations then feel free to let me know, I'm already starting to buckle under the amount of research I'm doing.
K__ is offline   Reply With Quote