Thread: The TV Thread
View Single Post
Old 2010.03.29, 08:58 AM   #42
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by TeslaGuy View Post
I saw that tiny eye roll as a quiet connection. Recognizing how tough it is to realize some "clever" writer's idea that is totally ridiculous. Empathy.
that would make one of you, haha. I saw that clip first on The Soup and if you watch the entire piece, America is lovely and chatty when they are talking about the movie, but as soon as it veers into Gossip Girl she starts analyzing her finger nails, and flipping her hair, and turning her head around, and eventually rolling her eyes at a stupid remark by her costar. She has talked in the past about how important she feels shows like Ugly Betty are, presenting empowered strong women and representing modern race and culture, and then how trivial shows like Gossip Girls are in those same regards. I think she is generally against the whole demeaning aspect of shows like that, with all the cheap gossip and cat fights. Ugly Betty gets into that, as a comedy, it is a glorified soap opera after all but, but behind that is a message and a heart of gold, where Gossip Girl is simply cheap gossip.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote