View Single Post
Old 2007.04.08, 09:28 AM   #5
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Well, I think its better than Kyoiku, even if it really isn't.
I think Kyoiku has better songs than Adult period. Not that Adult is garbage, but it doesn't exactly have Sounan, Gunjo, or Genjitsu.

Howevva!

Kyoiku was made to sound like a garbage disposal for some reason. So the songs just plain sound "better" on Adult.

Adults not without its goodness: Himitsu, Superstar, Tegami.....
I might even contest you that Shurabas good, tho i don't care THAT much and I liked the single version better anyway. Eh, even Tasogare Naki is good. And I still am of the belief that Ukigumowas NOT the (only) guitarist on Tegami.

Howevva' Adult drops the ball too. Blackout, Toumei Ningen. Blackout is Sounans less athletic little brother, and Toumei Ningen was the cool kid we knew in high school, then he had that "accident" towards the end of senior year and he was never quite the same afterwards was he? "Yukiguni" is not bad, its just kind of a weak "reach back" to KZK.

I never thought Adult was her worst album, but shes yet to really crack back into form. Maybe she needs a vacation? Her last one gave us KZK afterall. I don't think shes the "great the more often she works" kind, because the busier shes been, the less great the musics been.

EDIT: also, whats with the "(phase 2)" bs in the thread title? =P

Last edited by Tokyo Jihad : 2007.04.08 at 10:20 AM.
Tokyo Jihad is offline   Reply With Quote