View Single Post
Old 2007.09.25, 09:04 PM   #97
lazer85

lazer85 puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by Op2 View Post
The English tracklist is on Kronekodow's Variety page, kuro_neko.

BTW, it's funny to see how that when Adult (Otona, as it was called back then) first came out, many people hated the style change and the new band members. People had nothing but vile things to say about the album. After Jihad's first positive review of the album, almost every reply was filled with anger about how much the album sucked. Now it is largely regarded as the best Tokyo Jihen album, and some people go as far to say it is the best Shiina Ringo album.

The exact same thing happened to Heisei Fuuzoku. People said it was pure shit when it first came out (hey, even Jihad said my critique of the album was harsher than his). Now, people love the album compared to initial reviews.

I can't wait to see what Variety is ranked in 4 months.
true! but!
i did this with heisei but never anything else in ringo's career and I still think it was a lame excuse to put out 2 or 3 new songs without having enough material for a full album. It's this downward curve thats worrying me. 2 initial dissapointments in a row, and while the first has disolved a bit this one is going to be very hard to lift.
lazer85 is offline   Reply With Quote