View Single Post
Old 2018.11.13, 11:21 PM   #53
Lena-chan
EMF's mascot

Lena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areLena-chan can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

I have to say something in Ringo's defense: this is the best live version of gips ever
Because I've spent so many years obsessed with Shouso Strip, and gips is one of my favorite songs in the world, I've always wanted a live version that would satisfy me vocally and instrumentally (especially in the guitar solo part). And this live version gives me everything I've always wanted!

Is it too close to the studio version? Yes, but for me there was never a better version of this song than the studio version, which is sad considering that so many of her songs feel way better in their live versions. So I've always expected any live version to be better, and gips would always let me down.

Could it be better? Yes, but of course I don't know how sound wise, because I already said: for me there was never a better version of gips than the studio one. I know how it could have been better performance wise: if her costume were more exciting than this, if she were the guitar player doing the perfect solo, if she were rolling on the floor while singing the most emotional parts, or if all these things were combined. Who doesn't want to see their favorite artist in an awesome outfit rolling on the floor while doing a perfectly executed guitar solo?

渾て獨りぼっちだから
Lena-chan is offline   Reply With Quote