View Single Post
Old 2010.02.10, 11:04 PM   #33
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

As usual, I don't have much nice things to say about this album. The sound is very generic Jpop, and there's nothing truly original about the material on this album. Well, maybe autotune Ukizawa on the opening track, which is truly truly truly ghastly. Otherwise, all the sounds we've heard elsewhere from other artists.

Listenable tracks:
#3 シーズンサヨナラ. This would be what I call nice mainstream pop. That's a nice little solo that Izawa did. However, it feels like anyone else can sing the melody and it wouldn't make a difference. You can put one of the Perfume girls on autotune on vocals, and it would probably still work. It's not "special" to TJ, but still a solid track.

#8 絶体絶命 Also another nice mainstream pop sound. Probably the most Ringo sounding out of all the tracks on it, though I can hear the Izawa in there too. I don't like the piano sound on this; it sounds too Sesame Street/cartoonish. But otherwise this is a really enjoyable tune.

#9 FAIR. I like it when Uki writes R&B tracks. He has even written himself a rather successful solo bit. Definitely a direction worth exploring.

Probably will not listen to this album ever again. The sound is so generic any other band could have reproduced it quite easily. Also, the emotional range of this album is that of a 14 yr old kid. It kinda trods along the innocent happy-sad continuum; it doesn't have the intensity or complexity of ... 30 yr old emotions, which incidentally, is the median age of the band members. It just feels dumbed down for me.

This will be a successful pop album and will make TJ very very rich.
Congratulations.