View Single Post
Old 2013.12.27, 06:06 PM   #35
Inseu

Inseu has had more than 15 seconds of fame

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
Yes. super charged by her standards. Though, why bring up Kabuki-cho no jou, Honnou, etc when those songs are very different, trying to be different things, from the two Zettai Shoujo songs. Like saying "this cake isn't as good as this sandwhich" even if you bought them in the same mall. Oomori Seiko goes for the hyper sugar production of typical Jpop faire. I'd say the more similar Shiina-related song would be maybe Bunmei-Kaika.
Just saying Ringo rocks way harder haha. I can use Perfume's Night Flight and Ayumi Hamasaki's Trauma (hyper sugar production) as examples, and I think they're better songs musically than the two Zettai Shoujo songs, which sound like doing idol music just for the sake of it (watered-down Suki Suki Daisuki), ミッドナイト清純異性交遊 in particular is bland as fuck.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
You say 'edgy female singer-songwriter' like it's a bad thing- yet you also mention Ringo in the same post. Ringo's most popular music is her young edgy music.
Ringo combines her edgy side with pop-rock goodness. It's very mainstream compare to sth like Mahou Ga.

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
You like Mariko Goto. I find both artists (at times) extremely similar (just Oomori is more personal- I'd love to hear Mariko go to a deeper level like Mahou Ga goes- you know its possible, but I think she's happy with her sugar coating). Why you no like at least the Lai Lai Lai Team collab then?
Cos Lailailai Team's mild indie rock sounds nothing like Midori's fierce jazz punk? Mariko's best years are behind her and I'm happy with whatever she makes now, and m@u fulfills the nostalgia. m@u isn't the artistic direction I really want, but I still like it more than Zettai Shoujo, to each his own I guess.

Last edited by Inseu : 2013.12.27 at 07:06 PM.
Inseu is offline   Reply With Quote