View Single Post
Old 2009.05.12, 06:37 PM   #712
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by ron2112 View Post
Man, I just checked out the pictures thread... apparently I should have disclosed the fact that I am an OLD GUY! All you young whipper-snappers around here, makin' me feel ancient and stuff.
I don't think there is anything about Tokyo Jihen that specifically attracts younger fans. When it comes to the age of fans outside of Japan, you can blame the nature of the internet more than the nature of Tokyo Jihen. Most people your age are not as technologically and multi-culturally connected as you are. We youngins around here actually have a lot of respect for our older members (older from a date-of-birth standpoint - not a membership standpoint), because you tend to be more familiar with older music that Shiina Ringo is also more familiar with than us, and our interests are not exclusive to new/hip/trendy music. Shiina Ringo is sort of a bridge between the west of decades ago with the east of decades ago, so a lot of us like to talk about and listen to her influences.

We'll try not to make you feel younger than us when we reflect on our years of being acquainted with Shiina Ringo's history inside and outside of Tokyo Jihen.