Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
If I read this, I feel son inexperienced in music. I never listened to

- The Beatles
- Coldplay
- Oasis
- Radiohead
- Muse
- Pink Floyd

Well, only some single songs. Beatles would still be the most, I think all in all about 10 songs (And everything included in Yellow Submarine, I love that flick^^). The rest, 0 songs (Oh wait, I heard Creep).
There are so much other well known bands I never listened to, I just took those from this thread, It would be even more if there were more post I guess^^
I was never a big fan of actual music, because everything I heard at friends and in radio/tv was so until I heard Ringo
Oh you poor sod from 5 years ago. There was much the discover for you

#1 The Wall by Pink Floyd
What an epic. How can one man make a double album where EVERY song is above average to nearly perfect? What did he have to give the devil for that? Is one soul enough, or did he have to promise his firstborn?

#2 Meddle by Pink Floyd
This album contains Echoes.
That is the best song every written on this planet, and my opinion on that hasn't changed in 3 years. It simply goes beyond anything, looks back, and wheeps.

#3 Close to the Edge by Yes
3 songs. Clearly enough for one ablum if it's Close to the Edge, You and I, and Siberian Khatru.

#4 Scheherazade and Other Stories by Renaissance
Although it does not contain the best songs from this band, it is clearly the album with he highest average quality. Magical.

#5 Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band by YOU KNOW WHO
There is just something about this album that makes everything fit together. It is all I love about the Beatles (-Eleanor Rigby)

Yeah, so my respect for pretty much all music made after 1980 had decreased rapidly. How come nothing has come close for over 30 years?

MyAnimelist
golem09 is offline   Reply With Quote