Thread: Favorite Albums
View Single Post
Old 2019.07.17, 12:02 AM   #84
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2)

Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
What records are you excited to own?

There's quite a few. One that I'm quite pleased with is an original press of Kan Mikami's Hiraku Yume Nado Aru Janashi. I love that record and to have a copy that looks factory fresh when it's coming on 50 years old is amazing. Similarly with Kaoru Akimoto's Cologne LP. You never see it in any condition and again I have it mint. Nobuyasu Okabayashi's The World of Nobuyasu Okabayashi which is another 50 year older and pristine makes me happy. I have so many from the 70's and 80's in pristine order it's unreal. I paid enough and waited long enough, but it's worth it when you finally take possession of them.

Quite a few modern-ish releases seem hard to come by as well. I had to wait over a year and pay about £100 for NakamuraEmi's Nipponno Onnawo Utau Best and was rewarded with a completely flawless example which was also the worst pressing I've ever heard! You can't win 'em all !!

The other week I took delivery of a mint example of Ging Nang Boys' Kimi to Boku no Dai-san-ji Sekai Taisen-teki Ren'ai Kakumei which was a long time coming and cost £200+. I nearly won it 18 months ago and was beaten by a few 100 Yen. I thought I'd never see another perfect copy again. You just need to stay at it and persevere. They WILL come back at some stage!

Recent notables? The vinyl issue of Jun Togawa's Togawa Fiction, Ryo Fukui's Scenery, Perfect Blue OST, Reiko Kudo's Rice Field Silently Riping in the Night and The Stalin's Mushi for having the best cover art in the world! Shinobi with a revolver? What's not to love! Picked up the recent Toki Asako records and the Clammbon reissue as well. There's ALWAYS something.

What I've been playing most recently was the reissue of echobelly's On.Absolutely perfect Britpop record.A great pressing as well. I'll have to pick Beth Orton's Central Reservation up as well for myself. I just tend to focus on the Japanese releases as they're the harder to obtain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GDmOLKY.jpg (450.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg grWCKED.jpg (587.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0047.JPG (408.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg qIoPBfF.jpg (651.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg CXTUekU.jpg (604.7 KB, 2 views)
Ringo~Bingo (ver. 2) is offline   Reply With Quote