Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2015.03.23, 05:11 PM   #337
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Well anyway...

What I had to say I've said.

Let's talk a little about the actual physical release here. Other than the gimmicky 'lenticular/3D' insert inside the cover, I gotta say, the size of the booklet itself is quite large, and features a page or 2 for each individual costume, shows her in the costume and also a sketch of the initial design.

Also gives feature pages for Aya/Bambi, her players and the orchestra- this is probably the most comprehensive booklet I've seen in ANY of her live shows.

It even includes a scan of the stage planner, which is kind of interesting. Overall the book is 36 pages (including covers). This is probably how they jacked up the price to near 7000 yen (RRP) for the blu ray. If you do like it though, it's definitely worth grabbing. Even though I don't love it, I'm still glad to own it on the packaging alone. She could probably blow the booklet up a little bigger, add an interview and sell it as a seperate product if she wanted.

I'm surprised noones talked about the packaging. For me, it's more impressive than the show. Anyway, I'll try and get some scans done but no promises.

Also: starting to realise how many of these songs are abridged/shorter versions...

I also kinda wish Ringo had performed/practiced the English SG songs more over the years because I can't pick up hardly any of the words this time/its pretty garbled- which is a shame because I think these SG songs are the best songs on this show. (Well apart from Souretsu but that kinda doesn't really fit with the rest of it).

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2015.03.23 at 07:14 PM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote