View Single Post
Old 2013.06.02, 08:13 AM   #25
karateexplosion

karateexplosion is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by Carlx View Post
So I'm listening to this after a long time and it sounds now flawless to my ears. Even if it's just a short soundtrack (probably that's the reason), there is more cohesion and sense of integrity here than any of the three latest Tokyo Jihen albums, with the exception of The Heavy Metallic Girl, which ironically works A LOT better in context.

Special mention to What Did U Say: lively, vigorous, humorous and playful energy in the same vein as Omatsuri Sawagi but with a stronger samba vibe. I totally see Ringo singing this live in a Sanmon Gossip-y context, ending it with her distinctive final exclamation a la Genjitsu o Warau/Omatsuri Sawagi.
This. All of this.

Sorry for dredging up a wayward thread, but I've been out of the loop and only just caught up on the last four or five Ringo-centric releases a few days ago.

But yeah, this is gold, Jerry, gold. I'm actually gonna go out on a limb and say this is the best thing, on a whole, she's done since Adult. I dunno. I am a sucker for rearrangements of songs though, which is probably why I still don't hate MaruSadi yet.
karateexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote