Thread: Utadah Hikaru!
View Single Post
Old 2009.04.01, 02:32 AM   #94
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

Originally Posted by ShinjiPG View Post
This reminded me of kuro_neko. I can already see his blood boiling.
Oh, and there's a new blood boiling news article on MTV, regarding TITO, btw.
well if they are comparing her voice to Tori's I don't have any problem. As long as they aren't claiming she could best Tori on the keys, then I would probably just laugh at the person who wrote the article. I mean, seriously, Britney Spears? That is the worst comparison. Utada has never sold her image around sex and actually writes her own music. There isn't anyone quite like her in the music world that warrants STOP THE PRESS attention at name dropping, but if I had to compare her to anyone I would compare her to Nelly Furtado, in that they both create genre-bending art pop that is both critically applauded and commericially successful to a ridiculous degree. But no one is going to go apeshit over Nelly Furtado's name, so out comes the Britney comparisons. I agree with Merman about the whole thing. The person is just so desperate they grab any name they can think of. Even Shakira is a better comparison...oh wait, she was a cross over too (except she did it right the first time, O.o)

seriously, what do you get when you mix Bjork, Tori, Madonna, and Britney? A hot mess. Seriously, it would be a musical genius who was so hot and so scandalous the world would just implode. It would be a nightmare. Fortunately that is not Utada.

but then again I would love to see her cover Professional Widow. I can just hear her singing "starfucker, just like my daddy..." "give me peace, love, and a hard cock" XDXD
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote