View Single Post
Old 2009.02.22, 08:59 PM   #5
kuro_neko

kuro_neko puts considerable thought into their posts

when you get down to it TJ has been around longer than TJ's official track record, they were the touring band for KZK and all of them had a hand in Ringo's earlier solo work (ukigumo on ichijiku no hana, kameda throughout her career, etc etc), so if TJ disbanded and completely fell off the scene I would be very sad. Even hearing that Ringo had new musicians for her EXPO shows made me a bit sad. As far as I am concerned, I don't Ringo performing her or Jihen's music without the current members of jihen. While I like Hirama and H Zett M, they just aren't "jihen" to me anymore. I mean they were only around for the first album and were little more than session musicians when you compare the involvement the band members had in later eras. So yes, I would be sad.

furthermore, I don't think Ringo will EVER ditch the band to return to her solo work. If Jihen disbands, either Ringo will work with other artists in some capacity, or more likely, strictly do collaborations and continue to write for other artists, which is why as of lately I haven't been happy to hear about all this extra side work.
kuro_neko is offline   Reply With Quote