Thread: E3
View Single Post
Old 2009.06.04, 09:43 AM   #62
Maou

Maou knows what you did last summerMaou knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by golem09 View Post
The new Metroid looks like a Team Ninja game, with Samus copied into it.

They are throwing away everything that makes Metroid "Metroid". Whatever.
1UP: When I think of the two series, they seem very different. Metroid is very slow, methodical, exploratory, while Ninja Gaiden is very fast, violent, and action-oriented. How do you reconcile those two and create something that takes advantage of your strengths, but still feels like a Metroid game?

Hayashi: We want to try and take the best of both. As you progress through the game, there will be more action-oriented, faster-paced sequences. But then you'll have your careful, exploratory parts of the story as well. We actually used it to our advantage to try and marry the two concepts together.

Sakamoto: When I brought the proposal to Team Ninja, I had no idea what their response would be. As we progressed through development, of course there were differences of opinion, but we were able to work through those and ultimately create something that's better than either of us could have expected. It's been a really collaborative, creative process, and I feel that the result is something that's very positive
Team Ninja and R&D1 will not disappoint. It looks significantly better than Retro's efforts even though they've only shown off her new moves. Fan of the Prime series? Prime fanboys seem to be the only people who think it doesn't look like "Metroid". Metroid is about exploration and finding power-ups to advance and that is still intact.

Did you enjoy Castlevania: Nocturne/Symphony? It was Metroid with a Castlevania skin on it. It turned out to be one of the best games in the series.

Speaking of Castlevania: KojiPro Castlevania has won the show. It looks amazing.