View Single Post
Old 2009.10.02, 02:52 AM   #70
Ringo~Bingo
Banned

Ringo~Bingo knows what you did last summerRingo~Bingo knows what you did last summer

Well, the TV arrived and it's all set up now. I tested it using a PS3 via HDMI and ran through a few things...

01, Resident Evil Degeneration Blu-ray: Looked incredible
02, Dragonball Z avi upscaled to 1080P: Looked Great!
03, Soul Reaver Legacy of Kain (PS1 upscaled): a bit blocky looking up front but quite decent at 2 metres away :/
04, Killzone 2: Amazing
05, Standard TV (football for how it handles motion): pretty good actually! no ghosting or lag from what I could notice and the colours were accurate as well
06, I tested the viewing angle as well as in most PC LCD monitors it kinda vanishes if you go to the side: It looked great from any side of the room even at extreme angles I didn't lose brightness or clarity of picture
07, For old school I plugged the Wii in and ran Mega Man 2 : A little jaggy as it's been stretched to fill the screen but it was negligible and ran smooth and great!

I plan to see how this TV handles on PC gaming later as it also has a PC input (VGA)

All in I am rather surprised by the quality of this screen handling both High Definition and Standard Definition given how much I am pro CRT I really am happy with this screen! for the entry-level price point it's quite fantastic given the screen quality and number of connection too.

The model in question by the way is the entry-level priced 'Samsung LE32B530P7WXXU'

EDIT:
I should add that Resident Evil 5 (PS3) and the Uncharted 2 Beta look utterly awesome! I was looking hard to find this TV's weak spot and so far it's only that it's not so hot looking when watching old standard Definition stuff! My Macross 2 DVD was a right shocker in the looks department and so were a few other things too

So outside of the PS3's SD processing I don't think the set handles that source well (maybe better with newer stuff in SD over older stuff) but for gaming on this generation and all that is HD (720 upwards) this screen is a complete winner!

Last edited by Ringo~Bingo : 2009.10.02 at 06:13 AM.
Ringo~Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote