View Single Post
Old 2007.04.04, 02:56 PM   #8
Tokyo Jihad

Tokyo Jihad knows what you did last summerTokyo Jihad knows what you did last summer

Its an alright album. I was mainly positve on the album upom its release. I grew to enjoy Kono yo ni, i was really keen on Hatsukoi and I liked Gamble.

Everything else, however, falls into the reason why I've yet to hear the entire album a second time. I was dissapointed by Oiran, Papaya Mango is not a shade more than "aight." Sakuran by this point I grew tired of. Karisome was never a particularly strong enough song to warrant being done and redone as it was. And there was nothing else on it we hadn't heard since '03.

Alot of people like to point that Shiina looks ill-ly of her early career and bah blah, that shes supposedy likes this kinda stuff better (I don't doubt she likes it, but I question the first part.) Yet this really-really seems more like a grab for cash than anything remotely artistic. And in this case I'd defnately rather an unhappy artist thats made to pretend to have artistic scruples than one doing whatever they wanted, and regurgtating stuff in a quick turn around for seemingly no reason than to bank on a movie deal.