View Single Post
Old 2020.09.06, 09:53 AM   #9
Osiris12345

Osiris12345 deserves a fucking medal

Originally Posted by waranghira View Post
I took issue with Izawa's new chords for Superstar. ))

Can't capture everything since my drivespace won't permit it, but I hope someone did. My favorite moment was at OSCA where everyone's showing their dedicated space for licks, then Izawa just held a single note. Ukigumo was glaring at him after, and a few seconds later, Izawa acknowledges him with a laugh.
I laughed so hard at this. One of the rare moments of the band being really loose and having fun.

I just got finished watching this in full and I have to say overall it's a decent show but I would have liked to see more Kyoiku or different arrangements of songs. We've also really been spoiled by other Tokyo Jihen shows debuting live versions of upcoming songs and there's none of that here. It's not my personal choice for a TJ setlist (Why the hell was Noriki on here? Is that really one of the better cuts from Sports? I think most of the songs from that album would have been a better choice than that song) but there are some real standout moments.

I actually feel like this may be the best live rendition of Superstar, at least since Dynamite Out!, and that's pretty impressive. I definitely felt the feels. I also enjoyed seeing the Sports arrangement of Zettai Zetsumei since it's been a while since we've heard it played like that. OSCA was a highlight, especially because of the aforementioned clip. But god, could we retire Toumei Ningen now? I could really do without the awful Adult arrangement of that song since it's the only one they seem to like doing live. If there's one song in need of a makeover it's definitely that tired concert closer.

I think the longer the show went on, the better Ringo looked, and I'm not just saying that because she was wearing less clothes (although that certainly didn't hurt things...) because she ROCKED that black dress and hat ensemble at the end of the show. Absolutely stellar and iconic look for her. The peacock look at the beginning also got a chuckle out of me.

Phase 2 hasn't sounded this good as a band in a while. Hata was on fire in terms of drumming and Uki's guitar tone was better than it's been in past concerts. All in all an enjoyable watch and a nice little blast to the past for me since we haven't seen these guys together officially since 2012. Looking forward to seeing what comes next!