View Single Post
Old 2007.04.03, 08:15 PM   #4
badtzmaru

badtzmaru has had more than 15 seconds of fame
Thumbs up My favorite topic!

I still don't see her cutting her wrist in the Gibusu cover!! >_< It looks like she's about to, but the knife is not actually in her skin. Gah, I think I need to buy the actual single and see for myself.

I want to find out more about those albums' themes!! >_< Here's what Freackled posted about "Tsumi to Batsu" in the old RJ forums, for reference:
Originally Posted by Freackled@Dec 14 2006, 11:06 PM
I have some trivia about the video, but nothing too deep about the actual meaning.

Tsumi to Batsu is the middle track that seperates the album Shouso Strip in half. The title means "Crime and Punishment" and the structure of the album as a whole is very similar to Fyodor Dostoyevsky's novel "Crime and Punishment". The beginning halves of both the novel and Shiina's album deal with crimes, and the last halves deal with the according punishments.

Here's the symmetrical structure of the novel:

Furthermore, the license plate on the car split in half in the video reads (or at least half of it reads) "Prestuplenie i Nakazanie" which is Russian for "Crime and Punishment".

According to some source I'm sorry I don't have, apparently in the Magazine Quick Japan Vol. 31, the car is actually hers. This might be the car that she refers to as Hitler in Izonshou. It supposedly broke down at a stoplight and never restarted. She was just going to trash it, but then had the idea to use it for the video. The rumor is that she spent 20,000,000 yen to have it cut cleanly in half but I'm not sure how authentic this statement is (also, since we see her DRIVING this broken down car at the beginning and end of the video, I'm not positive that this story is true).

That's all I got! As for the green goopy stuff, the sword, and the red outfit... I'm not sure it has any meaning other than for aesthetic value.
And, that article from Rockin' On Japan (April 2000) is just plain weird.

Originally Posted by frecklegirl View Post
Ringo has claimed she intentionally decided to get pregnant without being married first.
It's not that I distrust Ringo, but I wonder if this statement and what she said in the letter (regarding her pregnancy) is really true. If so, I can't think of any reason why she'd want that. (I'd be really happy if she had some super cool meaning behind that, too. >_<) I dunno, she just doesn't seem like the kind of person that would be happy with that decision, especially for her child.

But anyway, I wonder who Master Katsura Sanshi is... And, it's so cute how she numbers her "But I digress..."s XD