View Single Post
Old 2013.08.12, 07:05 AM   #781
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Ouch, you'll be pissed to know that I got my MM vinyl from Amazon about 2 years ago for 45 US dollars or so- with postage (If I remember correctly, they had it at the same price they had the CD listed). I was worried that they would just send the CD version but whatdya know, I had truly gotten lucky.

As for getting hold of MM nowadays, you're looking around 12,000 yen minimum- I know this cause I recently hunted down a copy for a friend and it was one of the most expensive of the lot. Weird though, that it is ultimately the worst produced one too- they coulda/shoulda made it heavyweight 2 LP like SS and KZK, but nope. If 12,000 yen (plus whatever fees) sounds reasonable to you, it's pretty often listed on Y!A though you will have to use a deputy service to get it. I like Noppin personally. Otherwise, its gonna be the waiting game till someone lists it at a reasonable price- or some EMF member decides they don't want their copy anymore.

If I've learned ANYTHING from buying LPs from Japan (particularly Ringo related)... is to ORDER THAT SHIT straight away to avoid disappointment/financial burden. Even if its something you think 'hmm... I dunno if I want it THAT bad', you know it will most likely sell out. I mean, for example, even the lesser desired LPs like Hesei Fuzoku or Saturday Night Gossip are damn pricey nowadays. If I were you and serious about collecting I'd grab the Towa Tei/Lucky LP right now too before it disappears from easy access. But then again, it's still 70 bucks you gotta scrounge from somewhere. But that's 70 bucks now, what's it gonna be when it does become an Out of Print item?

Last edited by deadgrandma : 2013.08.12 at 07:14 AM.
deadgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote