View Single Post
Old 2016.03.10, 05:29 PM   #129
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

Yeah I love The Community of Hope... didn't really think about Stories too much though, but then again... you're not entirely wrong. Production is certainly similar I'd say. And of course, the most guitar driven PJ since Uh Huh Her.

Been listening to Boris x Merzbow's Gensho.

I absolutely love the Boris disc. It's amazing drone style renditions of classic tracks are breathtaking. The MBV cover is astonishing.

The Merzbow disc is brutal as fuck. Overwhelming as it gets.

Put together... it doesn't really work as well as it does live. I can never find a satifactory mixing level and sometimes I feel like they distract from one another. The overwhelming emotion on the Boris disc are dampened by the overwhelming chaos of the Merzbow disc and vice versa.

However... still waiting for the live discs. I saw the Boiler Room set where they were taken from and it blew my fucking mind. I'm guessing that's where the true magic is at.

If not. Two good albums regardless, just not sure the concept works all that well.