View Single Post
Old 2013.09.22, 12:24 AM   #13
MBF

MBF has had more than 15 seconds of fame

yeah, somehow I managed to get a list-minute ticket at yahoo auctions... there's hardly any problem you can't solve by throwing money at it, I guess...

I don't really know what exactly everyone wants to hear about it.
The venue was this pretty fancy place in Roppongi called Billboard Tokyo. It's pretty small, all seated and looks like a really expensive italian restaurant with a stage, which is kinda nice, because you're really close to the artist and it creates a certain atmosphere that could be best be described as a mix of sophisticated and intimate.

Soil were pretty awesome! I've never been to any of their gigs before, but they definitely conviced me to go again. I own some of their CDs (even stuff, that doesn't feature SR ) and listen to them every once in a while, but you can clearly tell that they're a live band at heart.
They but a lot of effort into motivating the audience to participate, but you could clearly tell, that pretty much everyone just came to see Shiina Ringo.
Halfway through the gig she finally joined them on stage and I was kinda shocked when someone pointed out that she was waiting for her entry less than 3 meters away from me.
First they played 殺し屋危機一髪, then they did a short MC, followed by My Foolish Heart. For some reason Ringo seemed a bit insecure on stage... maybe because it's been her first gig in quite a while and also she was just a "special guest" and try not to steal anyone's show.
She did a really great job anyway and the crowd went crazy after both songs. After that, Soil continued the rest of their show by themselves and left the stage.
Kinda as expected they came back with Ringo and did an ecore - Karisome Otome, which IMO was the highlight of the entire evening.

It's amazing I finally got to see her live on stage after being a fan for so many years! I kinda wished they had done at least one song that's less obvious than the colaborations they released as CDs... like a Ringo/Jihen song or something completely different like a cover song. I guess they didn't really have time to rehearse though, so that's probably why they went down the safest road.

Oh and in case anyone cares, she was wearing a black 70's kinda outfit.
something like this here on the left, but completely black (http://www.nathalies-naehkiste.de/sh...ken/v7882.jpg).
She wore her hair brown, short and slightly curled and she also seemed to have gained a bit of weight.
MBF is offline   Reply With Quote