Thread: 2008 Olympics
View Single Post
Old 2008.08.12, 12:02 PM   #24
ShinjiPG
Retired Member

ShinjiPG raises the standards of what a community can offer

What the fuck guys.

I don't know what's happening in other countries, but in my country TV news couldn't be more shitty about the Olympics Opening Ceremony.
Yesterday they reported, like it was some great discovery worth of Breaking News, that the footage with the firework-footsteps that walked to the stadium was, in fact, computer generated. As if you couldn't tell by the time you watched it! I have to give credit to the people that made this wonderful discovery.
But what really pisses me off, is that, first, they consider this "news worthy", second, they started by telling "What you saw in the astonishing opening ceremony wasn't IN FACT all real...".
Now, am I supposed to feel tricked by the chinese people? Is that it? It's really wrong to use CGI in television these days, I GUESS.

But it doesn't end here. Today, they insisted in continuing with the careful research and FOUND OUT that the little girl that sang in the opening ceremony WAS NOT actually singing but doing (embrace for impact) PLAYBACK!
I am shocked, seriously. I really couldn't tell she was doing playback, even if the mouth didn't match the voice, I just couldn't tell! What a fucken liberty!
And again they presented it with, more or less, the same words: "After all, there are even more things that weren't real in the opening ceremony...!" Which makes me think they are on a quest to discredit the event and the chinese people.
I know they are failing miserably, because those two things (the CGI and the playback) were obvious to anyone AND are commonly/constantly used in TV shows/events nowadays. And it's certainly not the first time Playback was used during a Olympic Opening Ceremony, because it's usually safer to rely on a pre-recorded song than rely in the nervousism of a singer in front of billions of people that can ruin a perfectly scheduled event.
However, even if I AM aware of the stupidity of these news, I can bet the amount of people that are going to get influenced by this and THAT pisses me off. But then again, every other news is as stupid as this and people DO get influenced and that's why I don't watch TV except on rare ocasions.
I hate television.

EDIT: Oh, and btw, I'm not talking about some sensasionalist kind of TV News. I'm talking about the news from the public service chanel, a chanel that is regulated by the government.

Last edited by ShinjiPG : 2008.08.12 at 12:05 PM.
ShinjiPG is offline   Reply With Quote