Thread: Site Downtime
View Single Post
Old 2011.06.21, 03:39 PM   #8
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

I'm furious now, at our current webhost.
We just got an hour of downtime before I told the server to 'reboot', then it was another 15 minutes before we were back in business.

From now on, if happen to be around, and I find the site to be unresponsive for at least 5 minutes at a time, we're probably already into a rut which would last much longer if we gave it the chance, so I'm simply going to reboot - even if that reboot takes another 15 minutes. It's better to be down for 20 minutes instead of 60+.

Since reboots get logged (because they're a Big Fucking Deal in the webhosting business), it ought to speak louder than my words. I'm not rebooting just because I can. Until we get moved to a different server (or something), I'm trying to do whatever will result in the least amount of downtime, if we have to experience anymore of it at all.