View Single Post
Old 2007.04.20, 08:42 PM   #8
justriiingo

justriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they arejustriiingo can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Our dearest SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS are featured in this week's Gilles Peterson Worldwide show as part of his JapJazz mix. He played "A.I.E" from their newest album Pimpoint.

If you like S&P and wanna know more about the Japanese jazz scene, I highly recommend you to go take a listen. It's got about one hour of solid jazz music, and GP always chooses amazing stuff. Unfortunately, the JapJazz mix is in the 2nd half of his show. So you got to sit out his first hour, which shouldn't be too hard if you like electronic/club/brazilian music. But for the JapJazz mix, I'd say it's worth it.

Here's the tracklisting:
GP’s JapJazz Mix
Isao Suzuki – ‘Goodbye Pork Pie Hat’ (UFO Remix) (CS)
Ngoma – ‘Heretical Flower (Sonimage Lab)
Indigo Jam Unit – ‘Gekko’ (Basis)
Soil and Pimp Sessions – ‘A.I.E’ (Victor)
Sleepwalker Ft. Yukimi Nagano – ‘Wind’ (Village Again)
Jabberloop – ‘6th Continent’ (Makatsku)
Sunaga t Experience – ‘Metropoli’ (Flower)
Bobby Hutcherson – ‘NTU’ (Blue Note) (imo, best track in the whole mix, even though it doesn't seem to be Japanese...hm.)
Robert Glasper – ‘Maiden Voyage / Everything In It’s Right Place’ (Blue Note)
Tawaih – ‘Watch Out’ (White) Mark Ronson - 'God Put UponYour Face' (Sony/bmg)

Try it out.

Oh btw, this will only be up until next Thursday GMT 2am (that's when his new show starts), so don't take your time.