Thread: Ringo News 2015
View Single Post
Old 2016.03.22, 08:48 PM   #1772
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are

Originally Posted by zeroryouko View Post
Cohesion-wise, where Sunny loses me is primarily at the Carnation -> Kodoku no Akatsuki -> NIPPON sequence. I mean, I *kind of* get Carnation after Arikitari na Onna, from a thematic standpoint, but then to follow it with a high-energy electronic song? Compare SG, where you had Bonsai Hada followed by the free & easy Yokyou and the super-mellow-weed-smoking version of Marunouchi Sadistic. Also, much as I like Irohanihiheto, somehow it doesn't feel quite right, coming after Chichinpuipui - probably due to the harpsichord bit.

I do get what you're saying about the been-there-done-that aspect of the album, but I thought she countered that quite well with JL005-bin de (which was IMO quite brilliant) and Hashire wa Number to a lesser extent. I would have liked to see more moments like that though.
I think Carnation kind of makes sense to me? I mean Carnation has this glittery Disney-like feel (Snow White would sing it into the wishing well ir whatever) which is then followed by a song that captures the feel of a ride in the actual Disney World. But yeah, JL005 is defitely feels like the newest thing on the album. Irohanihoeto too sounds like what I would expect from KZK if she went with the original title of Wonder, Vulgar Eccentric.

I also like the Ocean Full of Trees arrangement which sounds unique too, but I think she did that style of vocal melody better with Himitsu or MaruSa or something. It just sounds a tad faux-groovy IMO.
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote