Thread: Underrated!
View Single Post
Old 2012.10.22, 03:16 AM   #1
Scribble R

Scribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they areScribble R can barely hear you above the sound of how awesome they are
Default Underrated!

The word's overused, but whatever. Post moments during SR/TJ's career that you feel are underappreciated, overlooked, or that merely appeals to your personal taste.

Some of mine:

Handsome Sugite (Discovery): This is an amazing performance. I go crazy during Uki's solo, when he starts wailing and Ringo and Hata beat their instruments relentlessly. The performance was somehow cruel axnd intense yet fun?

Society of Citizens Volume 1: A whole little 'era' in itself with its own unique (Petrolzy) sound.

Blackout: I accept Blackout as an alternate take on Sounan and not a ripoff. It's the live versions, you see -- the problem with the Adult version is that it stole Sounan's ambivalence. But when she performs it in JCHI and EXPO you feel that it IS a black out and that terrible things will get you.

Spa and Treatment: SR's vocals took on a a strangled yet bossy quality during this era, which I absolutely adored.

(funny, I see a pattern. I think if TJ released a horror-themed album it would have been my favourite. Or maybe some of the appeal in SR’s music in general that it’s scary yet well-meaning. In a Grimms Fairy Tales sort of way.)
Scribble R is offline   Reply With Quote