View Single Post
Old 2014.09.14, 09:19 PM   #554
deadgrandma

deadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summerdeadgrandma knows what you did last summer

^ If you wanna give your screen what it truly deserves, try hunting down pretty much any Blu Ray release under the US's "Criterion Collection" -these may not be super sharp all the time, but they look beautiful and no doubt the closest to the originals you can get.

I will personally pay the extra to get something on Criterion if the option is there- the Wes Anderson movies in particular are the most outstanding looking blu rays I own.

The audio is usually way more natural on these releases too- no tacked on surround sound in many cases- but really beautiful stereo (or even mono) tracks are quite often the case. I know that doesn't sound great for your 7.1 system but hearing is believing- I mean, hear the difference between the Criterion stereo track (24 bit) on their version of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to the Universal 5.1 pressing...

I may sound like a raving maniac here, but try and get at least one Criterion blu ray in your hands for playing on that massive TV!