View Single Post
Old 2019.10.25, 07:26 PM   #37
Fauxie

Fauxie is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
You know what IS actually exciting?

Kodamas company accidentally left the new MV listed as public and some of us caught it in time before they noticed.

It's another duet with Utada Hikaru and guys...

It's fucking incredible. I'm shaken by it.

Pure, perfect Shiina Ringo. HZM's piano playing on it is gorgeous, the orchestration is subtle, and Hikki/Ringo harmonize and play off each other effortlessly. Goddamn I haven't felt like this about a new Ringo song in years.

It's definitely something, and there are parts and aspects of it I love, but as a whole I'm just not sure where I stand on it. I like it, but I don't quite know how much. I think the video's decent. I'd say it's certainly a very nice surprise, and I find it kind of ironic you being the one to give the heads up about it on FB and that it turns out you really rate it! I left it up maybe an hour on youtube before I pulled it and it would appear from analytics that several hundred ppl watched - they were kind of freaking out, as you might expect. I half expected to wake up this morning and see some news about it, and certainly to see the whole thing on bilibili, but all I've seen are some brief clips there and one on twitter. Bit surreal really that someone made such a schoolboy error (that 'OFFLINE' in the video title too lol).
Fauxie is offline   Reply With Quote