View Single Post
Old 2012.01.17, 02:41 AM   #21
gekokujyo

gekokujyo knows what you did last summergekokujyo knows what you did last summer

I'm sure this has been the case for most of their releases, but damn, this record sounds incredible on earphones!

EDIT to include track by track opinions:

1. Konya - I've liked this song from the get go, it sounds even better on earphones when you can hear all the instrumental nuances, the subtler guitar work. Ringo really sounds great here.

2. Kai horror dust - Sounds like a male version of Fukushuu. I am afraid this didn't make much of an impression on me.

3. Time capsule - Great melodic ballad from Kameda, as we have come to expect from him. Solid track.

4. sa_i_ta - Wow love this. I am a bit sad they didn't get to explore this groovier part of their style more (cf 3 min and Otonatachi). Discoey, as previously mentioned; this probably sounds blasphemous but that chorus hook REALLY reminds me of that one Kesha song, that's right, you know which one I am talking about.

5. Honto no tokoro - That Back Horn comparison someone made is absolutely spot on. I wouldn't have identified this as a Jihen song if you didn't tell me. Musically and structurally the most unexpected on the album. Probably not as accessible as the stuff we have come to expect from the band, though (even if I liked the track)

I liked the experimentation that went on in this record. I think it's a shame that we won't be seeing them refine the hints of the awesome stuff that've heard on this disc on a full length album.

Last edited by gekokujyo : 2012.01.17 at 03:33 AM.
gekokujyo is offline   Reply With Quote