View Single Post
Old 2007.08.23, 11:24 PM   #34
imkookoo

imkookoo is headed in the right direction

Originally Posted by Tokyo Jihad View Post
I seem to be losing you guys. What I'm talking about is philosophical differences, like her self. I understand thats still vague, but i'm not meaning "growing up and not wanting to do keggers anymore.
I don't think you're losing anybody. I'm sure we're all aware of your meaning. We're trying to say that personality (which includes philosophies one holds) is not constant. It doesn't even have to take a major life event; it just takes a simple change of environment. There is -nothing- about the self that is concrete. Yes, there are some people who are more stable than others in that regard, but that's only because they either refuse to change, or they are content with who they are. But neither of those reasons to be stable are necessarily good or bad . It really depends on the situation.

Maybe to clarify your point, you can tell us what specifically Shiina has done to make it seem like she was "fake"? Is it a musical direction change? Image change? Politics change? Temperament change?

The only way I would consider her "fake" is if she didn't actually write any of her music/lyrics. Everything else about her concerning her image and her musical direction is just her art of creating personas. Those personas are not really her, yes, but they satisfy what she craves: To be different. And that's who she is.
imkookoo is offline   Reply With Quote