View Single Post
Old 2008.10.29, 04:36 AM   #24
Inaudible-Whisper

Inaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medalInaudible-Whisper deserves a fucking medal

Shinji's set-up looks good. I'm not really for locking people out of the off-topics -- especially until they've garnered 50 Shiina-specific posts. If it's a Shiina n00b, or even a Shiina veteran, there's only so much you can say about Shiina, especially in a drought like this, before you have to go to the off-topic if you want to continue posting else you'll end up as a lurker, irregularly checking back for news. Once they've posted about their favourite album, how much they hate/like Variety and maybe commented on a live show or two they'll be left either digging around looking for somewhere to post, or they'll just give up and forget the place exists. They need that off-topic sanctuary to make the place a home. Sure, some people are happy spending 90% of their time here just talking about Shiina but I do think locking newbs out of off-topic will probably scare more people off than it will protect us from waves of I-don't-care-about-Shiina posters.

Maybe have it so that nobody can post in the off-topic at all, or even the whole forum until they've introduced themselves.