View Single Post
Old 2008.10.29, 05:17 AM   #25
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

There isn't much wrong with Shinji's layout, except I don't feel entirely comfortable merging Tutorials into another board. Doesn't mean it has to stay under Community Center, but... nobody ever really set in stone that the subforum had to be about "how you use this community". It's more general purpose, so it could be Community related and it could be Off-Topic.

Also, I'm not against having just one Products subforum for Related Artists, if we stick to the most absolutely closely-related artists. We rule out anyone Shiina Ringo was a guest for, and anyone who was a guest for Shiina Ringo, and stick with only the solo-careers of Tokyo Jihen members, or any alternate band (like Appa or Petrolz) where a Tokyo Jihen member is a central figure (which would barely rule out PE'Z because HZM is more like their composing/performing lieutenant than their captain).

Otherwise we set up one Product board per loosely-related artist, ontop of having Micky/HZETTM/Appa/Petrolz all thrown together into one small board. Once you start including discographies for like SOIL&"PIMP"SESSIONS (probably about as big as all the closely-related artists put together), and PE'Z (at least twice as big), and Asai Kenichi (absolutely huge), having just one Product board for Related Artists will turn into an epic mess.

And let's not even get into all the generic JPop that Kameda produces (not composes). As a bit of a stretch, maybe SPITZ (because he produced for them and Shiina Ringo covered them), and everything else with Kameda is totally off-limits (unless he's doing some central composing/performing that I don't know about). If SPITZ were allowed, they would have to get their own Products board, just like PE'Z would need.