View Single Post
Old 2019.05.02, 06:49 PM   #57
thespidereggs

thespidereggs is an asset to this community

Originally Posted by deadgrandma View Post
I won't lie- I am enjoying the meltdown from the Ringo apologists and those ceaselessly using the "she's for the 1%/housewife" defense for her. What housewife will want to listen to this lol.
Who's saying this now? Haha

I get much of the criticism, but it seems reductive to characterize people who enjoy the new tracks or have more nuanced opinions as "apologists". Reading some comments here and on JPS, it seems like some people want the album to be terrible for the satisfaction of hating on Ringo, without giving her material a fair shake. There's always room for thoughtful critique and analysis, but that's clearly different from the disparaging, petty remarks that have run pretty rampant. Besides, if she's caught between the criticisms of "she only makes music for housewives" and "not even housewives would listen to this" that seems like an impossible situation for her, no?

As for the possibility of rearrangements, that's definitely exciting. I wonder if it's also for the sake of another symmetrical runtime (SG and HIT were both 50:05).
thespidereggs is offline   Reply With Quote