Thread: H ZETT M
View Single Post
Old 2008.02.08, 07:40 AM   #26
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

CD Japan says that my CD+DVD edition of Pianohead is "In Shipping Process" (it doesn't officially get released until February 13). Now, going by previous history, they'll be saying that for nearly a whole day, so...

That means my copy of the album is getting shipped this Saturday at the latest. Then it's in my hands on Tuesday or Wednesday. I don't receive CD Japan shipments as quickly as some of the other Americans of this community, because I live in a rural area that automatically adds one whole day onto deliveries, but that's still pretty fast.

What's interesting to note is that the concert DVD and the album have different publishers. So anyone who ordered the DVD from CD Japan might get slowed down if Apart Records (same publisher of the recent Kizashi volumes from PE'Z) isn't as fast of a supplier as Sony BMG. The thing about Apart Records is that when they declare First-Press or Limited availability to CD Japan, it's no exaggeration - it sells out fast. CD Japan sold out their quota on Pianoise three weeks prior to release! So I had to order Pianoise from HMV Japan (who hasn't indicated anything yet about shipping it out), and hope they don't tell me at the last minute that they overquoted their supply (they usually reserve larger batches from the publisher from the very beginning though).

I wonder what kind of influences have gone into Pianohead. I could hear Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra vibes in Bedroom de Tobihaneru (at least at the beginning), but then that song changes gear into pop, then eventually epic classical...

I'm looking very forward to hearing this latest batch of releases.
Glathannus is offline   Reply With Quote