Thread: PE'Z
View Single Post
Old 2010.02.04, 06:57 AM   #16
Glathannus
True Final Boss

Glathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summerGlathannus knows what you did last summer

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I've only listened to Pez's Samurai something, one of the non-original material albums.
PE'Z has two cover albums, both with "Samurai" in the name, and the albums aren't numbered. Do you happen to know which one you're talking about? I particularly like the newer one (Samurai Meets The Enemy) a lot more than the first, but unfortunately the album doesn't seem to be available for international purchase. I've thought about using a deputy service, but then it would nearly double the price of the album if I were just getting that one album from the Japanese retailer.

Originally Posted by Scribble R View Post
I haven't been THAT eager to get into them but the Akatsuki EP sounds appealing...
Being as that we're both SR/TJ fans, what I will say to you is that you would probably really like the HZM-centric tracks among the PE'Z discography. Unfortunately there aren't enough of those, as their trumpeter writes at least 2/3rds of the compositions for the band, and once they became pe'zmoku I suspect no more of the compositions came from HZM.

I'm quite eager to hear what non-moku PE'Z has done in the latest album, as HZM hasn't been solo for awhile and there's no suzumoku in plain old PE'Z - so HZM probably contributed some more compositions to the band. Going solo was probably just his way of expressing himself while he was in a band that didn't fully capitalize on his talents. I mean, if you watch PE'Z REALIVE 2005 - that's basically everything you need to know about why HZM left Tokyo Jihen. You can't really grasp the full extent of what HZM can do, until you've watched REALIVE 2005 (now out-of-print) or his solo-career concert (seems to be on the verge of disappearing). It's enough to make Electric Mole look like child's play. The man is a monster.