View Single Post
Old 2007.03.25, 11:39 AM   #1
frecklegirl
apple-princess

frecklegirl knows what you did last summerfrecklegirl knows what you did last summer
Default How Did We First Discover...?

This is the thread where we all share our stories of how we first got into Ringo/Tokyo Jihen.

For me, it was at the very end of April/beginning of May 2002, after my friend Ashley posted the lyrics to "Identity" on a lyric blog both of us were working on at the time. I was a sophomore in high school, this was about 5 years ago (in fact, I'm coming up on the anniversary! XD). Out of curiosity, I downloaded it off the now-defunct Audiogalaxy.com and loved it. I quickly downloaded more, including "Honnou" (another immediate love), "Gibusu" (that one took some time), "Koko de Kisu Shite" and others. It was quite a ragtag bunch of songs I got at that time, actually... (like "Sigma" and "Mellow")

I slowly gained more and more songs, and would try and catch the Ringo block of PVs at J-pop rooms at anime conventions, but I didn't care to go gather all her stuff for a while. At the beginning of summer 2004 I purchased "Karuki Zamen Kuri no Hana" (a year after its release), the first album of hers for me to own, and listened to it in my car driving to work; I loved it.

Later that year I was surprised to learn she had formed a band and they had already released a single, "Gunjou Biyori." My thought was, "Well, if she's stopped being a single artist, she's still releasing awesome songs, so who cares!" This drove my interest into higher gear and I started trying to collect more older B-sides and other things I didn't have already. In November of 2005 I launched my lyrics website and joined the Ringo Jihen forums and eventually became a real member of our little community! The rest is history...
frecklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote